Fiscal Year Sales Up 54% over Previous Year
SANTA CRUZ, CA, July 11, 2005 - Coming off a dynamite last quarter in which sales more than doubled over the previous year, Evans Data Corp finished its fiscal year with total year end sales up 54% over the prior year. Sales of all categories of services were up including syndicated reports, custom quantitative research, inquiry hours, focus groups, and consulting. In addition, Evans' inaugural Developer Relations Conference held last March was a strong success and contributed to the stunning revenue growth of the company.
"Not only is our core business becoming much stronger in our traditional market but we are also seeing deep interest from new clients in sectors such as mobility devices and infrastructure, ecommerce, telecommunications, and security. Smart companies are realizing the strategic value of knowing what developers are doing and gaining insight into how to cater to them" said Janel Garvin, Evans Data's CEO.
To answer a growing demand for different types of data and understanding Evans Data has introduced several new services this year, including:
- The Vision Series of focus groups - Four series of focus groups provide insight into what developers see for the future in the areas of Open Source Software, Wireless, Enterprise computing, and Web Services/SOA.
- The Evans Data Mobility Summit - Exclusive executive level roundtable interactions between CIOs of Fortune 1000 companies and leading technology vendors.
- Visual Basic Migration Study - In-depth study of Visual Basic use and migration trending back over seven years with projections for the future showing where Visual Basic 6.0 users are going.
- Small and Medium Business Development Study - Comprehensive survey research focused on development in companies having less than 1000 employees, covers many topics including SOA, security, platforms, languages, tools, budgets and more. The Small and Medium Business Development Study is a companion survey to Evans’ Enterprise Development Management Issues report.
- OSS Tools for Small Businesses - Survey of over 500 developers in small/medium businesses focused on open source tools.
- Evans Data Developer Relations Conference - The Second Annual Evans Data Developer Relations Conference will be held in San Francisco in January. Evans is expecting the show to double in size with tracks on the Business, Technology, and Marketing of Developer Relations programs.
Evans Data Corporation provides regularly updated IT industry market intelligence based on in-depth surveys of the global developer population. Evans' syndicated research includes surveys focused on developers in a wide variety of subjects.
Copyright 2007 Evans Data Corporation. All other company names, products and services mentioned in this document are the trademarks and property of their respective owners.