Marketing is becoming a science and setting personas is the first step to applying modern marketing techniques in a world that is more and more individualized. The value of segmenting your target audience is being able to craft messaging that resonates with that particular group.
Lumping all your potential customers together as one group is ineffective. There are important differences that can be seen and addressed through identifying distinct personas. Evans Data Corporation will identify uniquely defined segments and deliver the insights you need to target each of the groups.
Target audiences can be divided in segments based on many factors. They may be discovered as they naturally occur through cluster analysis, or they may be pre-defined to fit categories. Segmentation can be done by:
- Demographic: age, income, education, marital status
- Geographic: country, state, city
- Psychographic: personality, attitude, values, and interests
- Technographic: mobile use, desktop use, app use, software use
- Behavioral: tendencies and actions, feature or product use, habits
- Needs-based: product or service must-haves
Regardless of the segmentation approach, once segments are defined, the value in any persona study comes from profiling those segments. Profiling allows you to recognize distinct personas so you can make targeted appeals to each group. Understanding the personas of your targeted segments allows you to:
- Find potential customers that match the personas for effective outreach
- Understand where each persona can be reached
- Communicate more clearly with each persona