In order to grow and enhance your developer program and the awareness developers have of it, you need foundational information to understand who your developer audience is, how they see you now, how they see your competitors, and how that changes in reaction to your efforts over time.
Evans Data offers a comprehensive benchmarking service specifically focused on developer relations programs. The service seeks to answer the following fundamental questions:
- How aware are developers of your program and its offerings?
- How does your program rank with respect to your key competitors?
- How do your program members think, feel and react to your program features?
- Which features of your program matter most to developers?
- Which aspects of your program need improvement?
- What is your overall NPS (Net Promoter Score) and how does it compare to others?
Evans Data Benchmarking service provides empirical, actionable data and intelligence that can be used to grow and improve your program relative to your competitors. Some of the program elements we ask developers to rank are:
The benchmarking and awareness service will allow you to set a baseline for your program and your audience's awareness of that program and your technological offerings. It will also show you how developers perceive the value of your program features vs those of your competitors. Repeated regularly, it also show you how well the marketing tactics you implement are working.
Developers are faced with many options when choosing an API or technology to support. A solid knowledge of where you stand in relation to others will give you a competitive advantage in the battle for developers' attention and dedication.
Typically an initial benchmarking and awareness research project is followed periodically by updates to track progress. While the average length of time between updates is six months, some do updates quarterly and other conduct these only once a year.